Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Naughtiness Killed the Zoo

If you read this post, you knew we were planning to go to the zoo today!

However, we did not go.

...because Breck peed in his play kitchen. And talked back. A lot. And overflowed the toilet with his co-conspirator Rowan.

All before 11am!!!

But there was that one bit of sweetness...
they held hands and walked around the table several times!


I had made a deal with Breck that since our time to visit the zoo was running short, if he ate a good lunch then we'd go - he ate a glob of peanut butter. And gave his green beans and raisins to Rowan.

I did try a new thing I've been reading about lately: muffin tin meals.
It's basically just a fun and unexpected presentation to fun-up a meal.
Both kids thought it was really neat, but it didn't cause my picky eater to do a 180.



After lunch, I decided the kids needed to get out of the house to run off all that bad energy and I needed fresh air before I killed Breck, so we went to our "regular" park.

on the bridge


looking through the boards at the water below and climbing up the slide


spying on the ducks and a weird dam sort of thing.


...but the kids still did not listen to me.
Breck kept running waaaay ahead of me on the jogging/walking trail, squirmed and sassed when I made him hold my hand in the parking lot, and then bit me as I was unlocking the car.

When we got home, we headed upstairs to the toy room and Breck watched a movie while I put Rowan down for her nap. The movie was more of a way for me to calm down and recollect myself while keeping him occupied and quiet, and not so much a reward for him, although I know he enjoyed it.

Not even twenty minutes later, he tells me he has to go potty and runs to the bathroom
(that's no more than 20 feet away from where we were)
And what happened?! He peed on the bathroom floor.
I'm quite sure it was on purpose.
Then a few minutes later, he peed on the carpet outside the bathroom!!!

(who wants a 3 year old??)

After a freak out and many deep breaths, we finally started Tot School!

This was by far the highlight to the day!
Breck loved it!

This week we're working on the letter A and some other things that start with A.
(there will be a very in-depth post at the end of the week!)
So, his first activity was to make a "starts with the letter A" collage!

Rowan woke up towards the end of that, so she joined us for the rest of Tot School.
I had also printed some coloring pages and both kids colored a few of those.
Breck worked on a tough puzzle and did a fantastic job putting it all together! He did it 4 or 5 times in a row!


Then the kids free played with their pompoms and shape sorter.


...and just when I thought our day had turned around...

Breck peed in the shape sorter, but not before putting the puzzle pieces in it!

*SIGH*

So, I've decided that we will go back to a candy reward each and every time he goes in the toilet. He never missed a beat when we did that.

Our night wasn't much better, but at least Seth was here to share it! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I should not be laughing as hard as I am...I know karma will come back to bite me...and LC has already proven to be capable of impressive degrees of naughtiness...

    WHAT a corker. Thankfully, he has a patient mom with a super sense of humor...

    Love the Tot school goodies...what a clever gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but I'm laughing too [you know you'd laugh at me]...I wish I lived closer so I could have come over with a bottle of wine to help you wind down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails