Wednesday, September 9, 2009

He Likes to Paint!!!


I don't know if it's because today's a weird day (with the date being 09/09/09 and all) or if I can expect this kind of enthusiasm about art for years to come.
But, either way, I'll take it!!!

Breck saw me painting the chair that will eventually match the computer desk and he really wanted to paint, too! So, I took him to the toy room, happily dug out my painting supplies and set him up for a fine art time!

He was very excited to paint something all his own!


the first stroke of the brush...


just look at that concentration!


...it's becoming a masterpiece...


a little more here,


a little more there,


almost done...




fin!
(it's the playground, by the way)



and since that was so much fun, he wanted to paint another!





and then he wanted to make a third!
but, Mommy couldn't just stay with the calm and clean acrylics...
oh no, I busted out the water colors!


here's what Breck was up to while I got the water colors set up:


the painting started out as a monkey


and then it transformed into something else


it didn't take long before the cups tipped and all the water colors ran together.


and then a light bulb went off in my little boy's mind!


light bulb + Breck =
hand prints!!!



Needless to say, he had a bath after art class.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... those are REAL paints... not my washable ones.

    Looks like an artist in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! And I see those big boy undies on him. He looks precious!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails