Sunday, August 24, 2008

Creative Recycling: Magazines

Oh, magazines...so irresistible with their shiny, colorful pages and (sometimes) clever content! But what do you do with them once they've been read? Here are a few of my favorite things:
(no, Mom, it's not raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens!)

1. Bead Bracelet

Here's mine:

I used a knitting needle to roll my beads....why buy a dowel when you have something already that'll do the same job?! (a straw, pencil, the ink tube inside a pen, you get the idea!)


close up of my beads


finished bracelet
(ok...so I cheated a little and used real beads as my spacers)


2. Flowers - this one also came from my Family Fun magazine, but their site doesn't have this craft up yet, so here's a scan of the directions. (a fun craft for kids and those with brown thumbs!)

3. Envelopes with flare!

4. Coasters and bowls

Here's mine:

In the spirit of recycling, I cut a 12-pack Coke box in half to use as a holder for all my folded pieces.


Coasters



Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails