Saturday, September 12, 2009

DIY: Flannel Board

After reading a few other blogs about how much their kids like their flannel boards, and since I found this flannel on clearance for less than $2, felt is super cheap and I already had everything else on hand, I thought I'd make one, too!

It's sooo easy!

Here's what you'll need:
  • Wooden board or foam board or cardboard
  • Flannel in a size large enough to cover the board
  • Felt cut into the shapes and things you want
  • Duct tape or staple gun



Instructions:
  1. Wrap the flannel around your board, being sure to leave excess on each side.
  2. Secure flannel on the back with duct tape or a staple gun - this is a lot like recovering a seat.

That's it. Two steps and you're done!




The first thing I cut out was a tree with leaves and a strip of grass...I will eventually cut out some shapes, but not before I make a Powercat and the letters K S and U!

Breck has already had a fun time with the tree...


2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm going to use that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I've made me many a flannel boards. Sooooo easy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails