Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not Just for the Compost



Somewhere, amidst my random blog-hopping, I came across a recipe using potato peels. I'm all for using every bit of what you've got, so I filed it away! Last night, we had potato soup and I figured it was the perfect time to try it out! Here's the stupidly-simple recipe:


Ingredients:
potato peels
(I peeled mine with my veggie peeler, but recommend using a knife or something that will take off more of the potato with the peel, as ours were a little too peel-ey.)
butter
salt & pepper


Directions:
Place potato peels in a buttered baking dish. Dot the top with butter, salt and pepper. (I used about 1 tblsp for my 8 potatoes worth of peels) Bake for 20 minutes at 450 degrees. That's it!
(Food Network has an alternative cook time for peels that have already been baked or boiled.)

Note: these would probably also be good with a cajun seasoning in place of the salt & pepper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails