Thursday, January 26, 2012

Project Pinterest - No Sugar Cookies


Two weeks ago I came across a recipe titled "No Sugar Oat Drops" and thought that sounded disgusting. 

A cookie without sugar?
No thank you.

But since I'm trying my best to make healthier food choices I decided to at least give the recipe a read.
And it didn't sound too bad!
Coconuts, almonds and raisins won me over.

Now, keep in mind that these are out-of-the-box cookies.
{Not from-a-box...out-of-the-box.}
They are VERY thick and do not spread, so however big you form them is how big they will be.

Here are mine, uncooked on the baking sheet.
{I used a medium biscuit cutter to shape them.}
unbaked


And here are my {super badly photographed} baked cookies.
cookies-2
Do not let the poor lighting fool you...
these bad boys were D. Licious!
I deviated slightly from the original recipe and used what I had on hand.
And bare in mind that 175C approximates to 350F.
Also, the recipe says to bake for 20 minutes, but mine could have baked much longer...upwards of 35 to 40 as it bakes more like a quick bread than a cookie.

You can find the original recipe at Anja's Food 4 Thought  |  Repinned via DJ Hornsby



Project Pinterest
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!





5 comments:

  1. These look very healthy and actually, look like they'd taste pretty good! I'll have to check out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good. I have a project today but my pictures were NOT good... I'll post it later and link up

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious! I am ALL about less/no sugar...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just answered my prayers. I just started a no sugar challenge for 8 weeks and I am going nuts for yummy treats to eat. Can't wait to try these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails