Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

...12 days late.
Anywho...

We went back to Seth's hometown for a long holiday weekend and had a really fun time!

The town was having it's festivities on the third with fun things for the kids:












Seth's parents' neighbors have a koi pond and let us come over to feed the fish:





...just for the record, Breck chose to wear those socks hiked all the way up!


And we went to the farm.
Happily, there's a "rollercoaster" road on the way!




And both kids got a lesson in driving.

Because you can do anything on a farm!






We also went to the local zoo, which for a small town is really pretty good!
And then we headed to watch fireworks.
...which looked much better than this:


...maybe next year I'll get good shots...

8 comments:

  1. Well that sounds like a perfect trip and tons of fun for the kids. Love the roller coaster road picture. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots Katie.

    I know you don't like the fireworks shot,but I thought it was an awesome sun-flare shot until you said otherwise!

    The colors through that net are outstanding!

    The fish are just great, seriously love Koi.

    Love love love the pics! Of course who could go wrong with the adorable models like that!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sack race!!! I remember doing that as a kid. Looks like a lot of fun and great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours in the playgrounds! Lots of my friends learned how to drive on the farm way before their 16th birthdays. Really like the last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farms are so fun.

    I haven't bothered to look at my shots from July 4; they probably all look crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day y'all had...or weekend I should say. :) My little Caleb has the same tennis shoes as Breck. Just thought I would throw that in.

    All of these shots are great! What happened to your firework one?? Was it on manual focus? I didn't get a good shot this year either. That, of course, is why there were none posted on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely set - and the fireworks shot made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i absolutely love the fireworks shot... i tried that this yyear... intentionallygoing for the bokeh... love it. beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails