Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge - Week 3




I'd say this is the last week of our eating from the pantry. We lasted 3 weeks, which I think is ok. (technically we made it 4 weeks, since the last week in December we only ate leftovers)
But, we just couldn't make it the entire month of January. :(

Here's how we did this past week:

Breakfasts:
Oatmeal muffins
Finished off the cinnamon rolls from the fridge - still have a pan in the freezer!
Oatmeal

Lunches:
mainly leftovers

Dinners:
(here was our planned menu, below is the actual menu)

Sunday - ate out lunch, leftovers for dinner

Monday - leftovers

Tuesday - Teriyaki chicken and mashed potatoes

Wednesday - I forgot to soak the beans overnight for the planned ham & bean soup, so we moved leftovers to tonight.

Thursday - Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes...Mmmm!

Friday - CrockPot Fajitas with homemade tortillas

Saturday - My mom came down and we went out for ice cream, then took the kids to McDonalds and we had Mr. Goodcents subs for dinner.


Eating Out
I think even with our multiple times of eating out during Saturday, we are still under budget for the month.

Grocery Shopping
Well, a $50 budget just wasn't in the stars this month. I went over budget already. It's tough to feed picky eaters when you're out of the only things they eat!

5 comments:

  1. I hear you. I totally need to join this one. I could use a pantry cleaning. I hate it when food goes to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel good to empty out that pantry! I should do this at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've done great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've done SO well on our pantry challenge, or eat through the kitchen as we called it, but we've still gone over budget - last week was a bad week! lol... Don't worry about 'falling off the wagon' - try again this week to get back on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you went over a little...you still did WAY better than I ever could have!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails