Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shooting Stars

I stayed up late (for me) to watch the Perseids meteor shower.

I thought I'd take a crack at photographing stars (and hopefully a meteor or two!)

I stayed out until midnight (yes, I know that's when the peak was to start!) and saw 3 or 4 shooting stars, but I didn't catch any of them on my camera.
Maybe next time.

Here are a few that I thought were pretty good for a little point and shoot!


trailing stars



Cassiopeia, lit by Manhattan




just some stars

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got that first picture. I stayed up past midnight, and have been up for over 30 minutes trying to see just one. Nothing. I think it may be a little "bright" here to really see. Boy, it sure looks like it would have been pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails