Thursday, July 16, 2009

Speechless, But Not Thought-Less

This evening the kids and I went to the little park that's close to our house. There was a small group of kids having a kind of "Sunday-but-it's-Thursday-school" get together.
And while Rowan was trying to climb up the "baby" slide and Breck was actually climbing up the twisty slide, I overheard two little girls talking.

Here's how their brief conversation went:

Girl 1: "(mumble, mumble, mumble...something about church.) I don't have to go to church anymore!"

Girl 2: "Oh, I 've never gone to church!"

And they were both pretty pleased about their lack-of-church situations.

I really wanted to walk over to them, look them each in the eyes and say:

"If you don't know Jesus, you will go to hell."

Not said in a snide way, more of a scary-matter-of-fact way.
But, I feel really guilty that I didn't say anything - although I have no idea what I would have said!

...what would you have done?

1 comment:

  1. I probably would have sent my 6yo over to strike conversation. She would tell them the truth and probably got to them better being a child.

    It is so sad to think that children in this world are being raised without Christ being a part of their lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails