Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gelato Affogato

(I got this out of the August 2009 Martha Stewart Living magazine, which is part of my completely free year long subscription!)


Gelato Affogato
(an Italian desert that means "drowned ice cream")




makes 4 servings

1/2 cup cold heavy cream
2 pints chocolate gelato or ice cream
2 cups freshly brewed espresso

1. Beat cream until soft peaks form.
2. Place 2 scoops of gelato into each of 4 glasses. Pour 1/2 cup hot espresso over top of each, just to cover. Top with whipped cream and serve with biscotti if desired.


(note: I omitted the whipped cream because I didn't have any nor was I in the mood to make some, and I used a regular 8oz cup of my normal coffee, since I don't drink espresso. And because I can't follow directions, I gave this a "jush" with my stick blender, which gave it that frothy top you see in the picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails