Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Make Your Own Pancakes!



A while ago, I bookmarked a pancake recipe I found at Recipes From the Cookie Jar. It was super easy and simple and made me re-think why I'd been buying Bisquick! I tried the recipe and it definitely has a....fresher....taste than a mix, but is certainly delicious! (and reheats better than pancakes from a mix!)

Yields 6 to 14 pancakes*

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil


Directions:
In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Add the milk, egg, and oil and stir until just combined.

Cook like normal pancakes!

*If you use 1/4 cup of batter per pancake, you should get approx 14 pancakes. I use a 1/2 cup and get about 6 -7 pancakes per batch.

~~~

One of these days I'll post the price difference between buying a mix and making this homemade recipe....once I remember to write down the prices at the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails