Friday, January 16, 2009

My Husband Rocks! (1/16)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

I decided to participate in the "prompts" by Katy Lin for MHR this week:


1.) List at least one thing your husband did or said in the past week that reminded you why you love him.


a.) This week Seth gave me several breaks from the kids - one was so I could work out and the other was so I could go to Mom's Night Out with my SAHMs (stay at home moms) group!


b.) And my favorite, by far, is that I found out through the grapevine that Seth brags about me to his friends! (the wife of one of Seth's friends from work told me! :) )
Thanks honey - you rock!


2.) Share a "Generous Wife Tip"

My tip is to not have a leash on your husband - don't get mad if he wants to go hang out with his friends every now and then! Because if he knows he has that "freedom" then he's more likely to stay home when it really matters!

Here's my example: I rarely have a problem with Seth going to his friends' poker parties. And just this past New Year's Eve, we were invited to our friends' house, which is about 2 hours away. Since I'm still nursing Rowan (and have nothing pumped, plus she's a complete Mama's girl and it'd be torture for her to stay overnight with anyone, and it'd be torture for me if I took her with us to the party because babies don't sleep in - especially when Mommy's tired in the morning!), I decided that I'd stay home with the kids and Seth could go since he doesn't get to see these friends very often anymore.

Well, the morning of the 31st, Breck woke up at around 4am with the flu. All the poor kid did all day was lay on the couch, lean over to throw up in the trash can and take short naps. And since I didn't know how long this was going to last, Seth offered to stay home and help, since it would have been a disaster trying to nurse Rowan and hold Breck over the trash can at the same time! I'm so lucky that I have a husband who puts his family before a good time!



Thanks to Katy Lin over at The Great Adventure for starting the My Husband Rocks meme!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, #1 (b)....that is cool. Nothing more flattering than that!

    Here's my post!

    http://cherishyourstories.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-husband-rocks-6.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails