Monday, January 19, 2009

Blackberry Jelly

Since Seth has today off of work, I thought it would be the best time to crank out some jelly!


I decided that I would go through all the work to remove the seeds, but I don't have a food mill, so I used a mesh strainer and a pestle.




It worked pretty well, although it did take some time! I had to pound and mush the berries, then scrape the seedless fruit from the bottom of the strainer, then do that about 100 more times! (please excuse my Coke can!)




...in the pot with the pectin!




...and here's the finished product - Can you believe that a whole year's worth of blackberries produced only 3 pints of jelly!? (although, it was our first crop!) Unfortunately, one didn't seal - but we're almost out of the apple peel jelly in the fridge, so this will be used next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails