Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Couponing 101: How to Match Sales with Coupons

This is probably THE most important part of couponing! After all, if you don't know where and when to use your coupons, how can you save oodles of money?!

I'm sure there are many ways in which to match up sales with your coupons, but I'll just go through what I do. Note: This will be much quicker and easier if your coupons are all organized!

Here are my basic match-up steps:
  1. Check the previews of store circulars at Hot Coupon World. These come out weeks in advance, giving you ample time to plan! Here are the direct links for Walgreens and CVS. The members of HCW are very good about posting scenarios and match-ups once they see them, so your job isn't very tough!
  2. Check the Sunday coupon preview at Taylortown Preview. These are usually up the prior Wednesday.
  3. Input my plans and data into an Excel spreadsheet. Here's a Google Doc version of how I set mine up.
  4. Print out my spreadsheet and paper clip coupons in the order I need them according to my scenarios/transactions.
  5. Figure up what coupons I am lacking and how many, then see if I have any other coupons I can list for trade! Trading is a great way to get coupons you don't have! Vicky's Deals and HCW both have good trading forums. (you have to be a member of both to trade....don't worry, membership is free!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I love couponing and I love free stuff even more. HCW is one of my fav sites. Great info.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails