Thursday, March 6, 2008

"Flavors of Latin America" Cooking Workshop

March 6th, 2008

Today I went to my b-day present from Seth - an all day food workshop on Latin American cuisine! It was a lot of fun! Here's a run down of my day:

10:30am - arrive, sign-in, get a fun goodie bag with some KSU gear in it! (water bottle, heavy duty belt clip thing, fridge magnet clip, coin purse and of course the bag it all came in!) And there were the typical intros and special thanks...

11:00am - Info and demos on North American & Mexican fares and samples! (Ancho Chili Paste, Red Mole Chicken Enchiladas)

12:00pm - break

12:15pm - Info, demos and more samples of Caribbean cuisine....(Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Tropical Fruit Salsa...my personal fav!)

1:00pm - lunch (which was all the demos we hadn't yet sampled!) I had a Mt. Dew and thought Rowan was going to jump through my belly!

2:00pm - Info, demos and yes, more samples of South American cuisine! (Moqueca...more or less a fish stew.)

3:00pm - break

3:15pm - Hands on portion of the day - we made 2 kinds of salsas: a basic salsa and a tomatillo salsa, ham & cheese empanadas, and shrimp ceviche (shrimp and pineapple in coconut milk). We were able to pack all of these up and take them home, which was a good thing because I don't think I could have eaten any more Latin-American food today!!!

4:30pm - Wrap up and go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails